Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Orange February




I decided to cram all of my SU basketball encounters into a two week span this year. I suppose that was a good idea because I'm starting to think that my being in attendance at a game has a negative effect on SU's ability to A) play offense and B) play defense.

But really, the game was in both cases a side show to the wonder that is my friends. We decided to take in both SU-Villanova games this year, one in Philly, land of cheesesteaks, and one in Syracuse, land of cheap beer and pizza. Both weekends showed me that your best friends don't change that much. Even when they grow up and buy houses, move across the country, make sizeable salaries, and move in with significant others, they still will spend hours watching the latest mind sucking reality tv show with you. Or complain that the $3 pitchers went up to $3.50 and that's really too much to pay at Chuck's. Or arrange your apples and banana into male genatalia whenever your back is turned.

So here's hoping that the 'cuse bball team can manage to be a little less frustrating during the last few weeks of the season and make a push for the tournament. I know that I want to watch them play (on tv, that is) and so do the rest of my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you comak :)